Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2020 (PMAY) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Online Application, Urban, Eligibility, Form Download, List, How to View Rural List, Amount, Check Status)
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana or Housing for All scheme is a scheme run by the Central Government. The purpose of this scheme is to provide its own pucca house to the poor person in India. It is a scheme run by our Central Government, which was launched in the year 2015 and its next objective is to provide more than 2 crore pucca houses in various urban and rural areas in India by the year 2022. The first part of this scheme has been completed in the last year 2017 and the second part of this scheme has also started. The scheme has been divided into two parts by the administration, whose names are Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Rural and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban.
Launch details (Launch Detail):
|Name||PM Housing Scheme|
|run||Rural and urban|
|Who launched||PM Narendra Modi|
|Pre moderated plan||Indira Housing Scheme|
|Plan level||Center 90 percent and state 10 percent|
The scheme was started in 2 parts based on the Indian regional structure, these two parts are Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Rural and Pradhan Mantri Yojana Urban. Detailed information about these two parts is being told below.
PM Awas Yojana Gramin (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin):
- Objective: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Grameen is actually a modified form of Indira Awas Yojana, which was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The objective of this scheme is to provide about 1 crore pucca houses with basic amenities to people living in raw and inconvenient houses in rural areas in India from three years 2016-2017 to 2018-2019.
- Size of houses: Presently the size of houses to be constructed under this scheme is 25 square meters, which has been determined by increasing the size of the houses to 20 square meters as previously determined.
- Amount to be given: Under this scheme, an amount of 70,000 was fixed in the plain areas, which has been increased to 1 lakh 20 thousand at present. The same amount was 75,000 in the hilly areas, difficult areas and in the IAP districts under this scheme, which has now been increased to 1 lakh 30 thousand.
- The expenditure incurred in this scheme will be done jointly by the Central Government and the State Government. In the plain areas, the ratio of this amount to be shared will be 60:40 while in the three northeastern and Himalayan states Jammu Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand this ratio will be 90:10.
- Under this scheme, the payment of Rs 12000 for the toilet will be made on behalf of Swachh Bharat Mission Rural and any other source running in that area.
- Under this scheme, identification and selection of beneficiaries will be done on lack of home with them, social level according to SECC-2011 data and verification by Gram Sabha.
- Under this scheme, if the beneficiary wants, then he can also take a loan of Rs 70 thousand, which he has to apply by applying from various financial institutions.
- The scheme has also been linked to other schemes to deal with the entire facility such as toilet, drinking water, electricity, cleaning, smokeless fuel for cooking, social and liquid waste.
- The entire amount given under this scheme will be paid in the bank account of the beneficiary. For this, it is necessary that this account of the beneficiary is linked to the Aadhar card.
Identification and Selection of Beneficiaries , Eligibility Criteria under this scheme :
Truth and transparency is the main objective of the government in the election of beneficiaries under this scheme. Under this, care will be taken that only those people who really need it under this scheme should get the benefits. In this scheme SECC SECC (Socio Economic Cast Census) will be used to select the beneficiaries, which will be verified by the Gram Sabha.
Selection under this scheme will be done on the basis of the following points:
- Eligible Beneficiaries: Under this scheme, any person in India, who does not own a house or who lives in a kutcha house of 1, 2 or more rooms or who does not have a roof, can avail benefits under this scheme. is. To take advantage of this scheme, it is not necessary that the beneficiary is a BPL card holder.
- The following persons will be given priority under this scheme:
- Under this scheme, the first priority will be given according to the category, meaning people belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Minorities and other categories will be the first claimants of benefits under this scheme.
- Among these selected primary people, preference will also be given to those who complete the criterion of Define Compulsory Inclusion in SECC. The socioeconomic parameter shown in this list is SECC by which first priority will be given in PMAY.
- The family in which no member is adult means between 16 and 59 years of age, he will be the first eligible under this scheme.
- The family whose head is a woman and does not have any adult in the age group of 16 to 59 years will be the first priority for this scheme.
- The family, which no member of 25 years of age has read and written, will be the priority for this scheme.
- The family which has a disabled member and does not have any adult will be the priority for this scheme.
- Those families who do not have any land available to them and whose maximum income comes from wages will be the priority for this.
Construction of House:
- Amount received for construction : Any person who wants to take benefit through the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana will be given money from the government for the construction of their house. This assistance will be 1 lakh 20 thousand in the plains, while in the areas of difficult areas, IAP units and Himalayas, this assistance has been increased to 1 lakh 30 thousand. Its main objective is to provide pucca houses in all these areas.
- Pucca Ghar means: Pucca Ghar here means the government which can protect the occupants of the house for 30 years to deal with various weather and conditions. Apart from this, it is also necessary to have basic facilities like electricity, water and wash area etc.
- Homemade: Under this scheme, unscheduled labor for 90 to 95 days is given by MNREGA. If the owner of the house wishes and then he can build his own house himself and he can get himself enrolled under MGNREGA to get 90 days salary. If the owner is not able to build it himself, then he will be provided with unscaled laborers on behalf of MNREGA. And it will not be included in the 1 lakh 20 thousand given for the construction of the house.
- Construction of the house will not be done by any contractor: Under this scheme, the rule is fixed that in this the beneficiary will have to build his own house. If a constructor is found by a contractor or agent in it, then the government has the right to cancel it in the middle. This house cannot be built by any government department or agency, only those who can be authorized for this scheme can participate in it.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan: Toilets are required to be constructed in these pucca houses in rural areas, and for the purpose of this purpose, a sum of Rs. 12 thousand will be given for the construction of toilets by Swachh Bharat Abhiyan at the time of construction of houses in villages.
- Size of the house: According to this scheme, the size of the houses to be built is also fixed. This size 25 square meters has been fixed by the government, which includes cooking and hygiene area.
Mapping of Field Function and Mason:
- Under this scheme, before getting an order to build a house, BDO or block level officers who are recognized by the state government, verify the updated photo of the beneficiary on the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. This photo is taken by the beneficiary standing in front of his place where he wants to build the house. If the beneficiary wants to repair the already built house, then he must clear this thing through the app.
- If under any circumstances, the beneficiary is provided with electricity or water facility in advance by the government or any other public land such as panchayat land, community place or any other local authority. Is fixed. The government has already ensured that after the final of the current weight list is finalized, attention will also be paid to the need of such people who do not have their own space available.
Issue of beneficiary list (Issue of Sanction Letter to Beneficiary):
- Under this scheme, the final list is made on the basis of the names of the applicants registered in the MIS-housing software. While registering under this scheme, the applicant is required to register his name, bank account details, Aadhaar card number and MNREGA card number. Apart from this, the applicant also has to provide his mobile number.
- After registration, the applicant’s details and bank account are validated. After this the censation letter is made individually for each beneficiary and a separate Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Grameen ID and Quick Response Code is generated for each. Under this scheme, allotment is done in the joint name of both husband and wife, but it is not necessary if the applicant is a widow, unmarried woman or a separate person. In this situation allotments are made in the name of women in the state as well. If in any case this application is made in the name of a Divyang, then this allotment will also be done only in the name of that person.
- Information about his selection is provided to the beneficiary by SMS on the mobile number given by him. The beneficiary can also remove this sensation by going to the order block office or using his Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin’s ID from its official website.
- It is necessary to build a house by the beneficiary in 12 months after getting the sensation letter. If there is any delay in this process then it generates a complexity in the project.
Release Installment to Beneficiary:
- Under this scheme, the beneficiary gets his first instrument section letter within 7 days of the issue. This installation is directly transferred to the beneficiary in his bank account. After this, the government makes sure from that bank that this information will be sent to the beneficiary in his mobile through SMS.
- At the beginning of the financial year, it is decided how many installments and how much money will be given to the beneficiary. Its amount is given in at least three installments and there are 7 stages of house construction.
- House Sanction
- Window doors
- Full house ready (Completed)
- The first installment for the house is available as soon as the house is approved, but the construction of the house is monitored for the second and third instruments. And the second installation comes after the foundation and foundation are formed.
- After this, the money is transferred to the beneficiary’s account by mapping any of the fourth, fifth or sixth stage for the third and final installation.
Total Amount for Beneficiary under this scheme:
- Under this scheme, in the plain areas, an amount of 1 lakh 20 thousand will be given by the government to the beneficiary, which will be a subsidy.
- Apart from this, 12 thousand rupees will be given by Swachh Bharat Mission for the construction of toilets.
- An amount of 18 thousand rupees will be received from MNREGA for the construction of home. The beneficiary himself can get it by doing 90 days wages.
- Apart from all this, if the beneficiary wants, then he can take a loan of 70 thousand for extra money from the bank. For this, this facility is available in various banks and financial institutions.
Total amount received under this scheme is “2,20,000” = 1,20,000 (PMAY-G) + 18000 (MGNAREGA) + SBM-G (12,000) + Loan (70,000)
How to apply for this scheme (How to apply for PMAY-G):
To avail the benefits of this scheme, rural people only have to go to the Jan Seva Kendra and fill a form or go to the block office. After this the beneficiaries election is done by the Gram Panchayat and the final list is prepared by the higher officials.
How to check your name in the list of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Rural in the year 2020-21 (How to check your name in PMAY-G List):
Those who have already filled the form for this scheme, their names have been selected for this scheme. If you want to check your name in this list, then follow this procedure:
- To check your name in this list, you must first go to its official site . By clicking on this link, you will be able to see its official page.
- Now you can search your name here. For this, you have to go to the report and click. By clicking on it, you will reach the next page.
- Here, in the physical progress report in A block, you will have to click on the option below the option number registration and sensation details of the sixth number.
- Now after this, you have to select the plan on the next page and you will have to choose the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana for you.
- On clicking this, the list of all the states will be in front of you on the next page, out of which you will have to choose your state.
- After this, a list of all the districts of the states will be available in front of you, out of which you have to choose your district.
- After selecting your district, a list of all the blocks of your district will be available in front of you, out of which you will have to select your block.
- After this, a list of Gram Panchayat of your block will be present in front of you, from which you will have to select your Gram Panchayat and you will have to click on the number given in the Beneficiary Register and House section written below it.
- After this, the list of selected people in this scheme will be in front of you, out of which you can search your name. If your name is selected in the beneficiary of this scheme, then he will definitely be present here.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban PMAY (U) (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban)
The main objective of this program is to provide own house to poor people living in cities and slum dwellers by the year 2022. The government will work under the following points to fulfill its objective.
- Rehabilitating slum dwellers
- Efforts will be made to provide housing to weaker sections by providing credit link subsidy.
- Providing Affordable Houses with Partnerships in Public and Private Sectors
- Providing subsidy for construction of beneficiary’s house
- Under this scheme, the slums were first included in the category of urban beneficiaries. A part of a city where about 300 people or 60-70 families spend their lives in wrongly constructed houses without basic amenities like electricity, wash area and filthy environment is called slum. Under this scheme, efforts are being made to provide self and basic amenities to the people living in these houses through governmental efforts.
- Apart from this, the list of beneficiaries in the urban area includes EWS, Economic Weak Section, LIGs, Low Income Groups and MIG, Middle Income Groups. Families whose income is less than 3 lakhs are in the category of economically weaker sections, those whose income is between 3 to 6 lakhs, those in the low income group and those whose income is between 6 to 18, are placed in the medium income group. is. Out of these, the economically weaker sections can take full advantage of this scheme, while the LIG and MIG classes will only be eligible to avail the credit link subsidy scheme.
- Under this scheme, to identify economically weaker sections and LIG and MIG, a person has to submit a self-certificate or affidavit along with his loan application.
- The entire family of a beneficiary will consist of husband, wife, unmarried son and daughters. To avail benefits under this scheme, it is necessary that no permanent house is registered in the name of the beneficiary or anyone else in the family of the beneficiary anywhere in India.
Different Phase of Scheme:
Since the launch of this scheme, till the year 2022, work will be done in 3 phases, these three phases are as follows.
- In Phase I, from April 2015 to March 2017, work was done in 100 cities of the selected states under this scheme.
- After this, the phase of this scheme will start from 2 April 2017 and will run till March 2019. Other 200 cities of India will also be included in this. And the beneficiaries there will be selected and they will be given benefits.
- The third phase of this scheme will be operational from April 2019 till March 2022, in which efforts will be made to cover the remaining cities as well as to provide their own accommodation to all across India.
Different Parts of Scheme
Under this scheme, efforts are being made to provide their own house to the people of different income groups in cities in three ways. Based on this different income group, the facilities available to the people divided into different parts will also be low. The facilities given to these people are described in detail in the points below.
- In-situ Slum Redevelopment: Here in-situ means the main actual place. And this in-situ slum redevelopment is an important part of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. This scheme has been started with the objective of providing all the necessary facilities to the people living in slums in the urban areas of India. Under this, the slum areas will be used and with the participation of private institutions, these slums will be redeveloped and converted into habitable spaces with basic facilities. In this way, the place where the slums are built will be made available to the people by making sanitary facilities, accessible and better houses. The slums available on government or private land will be included under this scheme and the private partners involved in this scheme will be selected through open bidding in different states.
Under this scheme, the contribution of the beneficiaries will be decided by the state government in place of the central government. In this, the eligibility for the cutoff will also be decided by the state government. And in the union territories, this right will be there with the government. This scheme will be started after consultation with the people living in the slums from the respective places and with their cooperation.
Key points and benefits of “in situ slums”:
- To make this scheme more easy, additional floor area ratios, floor space index and transferable development rights are provided by the state governments or the government in the union territories.
- A grant of up to 1 lakh rupees can be given to each house for rehabilitation from the slum by the government present in the state. This amount will be available to all those beneficiaries who will be eligible under this scheme. The final decision will be taken by the government present in the state with an average amount of Rs. 1 lakh.
- The beneficiaries of these houses being built will be given full ownership or the houses will be given on lease, this right will also be completely with the state government.
- The houses built under this scheme will have two components: hut rehabilitation component and free sale component. A house with basic amenities will be found in the hut rehabilitation component, and slum developers in the free sale component will be able to sell homes in the open market.
- As long as the work of development in the slum area goes, then the private developers will provide short term accommodation to the people living in the slum.
- Credit Link Subsidy Scheme
Another part of this scheme is to make affordable houses available through credit link subsidy scheme. Under this, people have been divided into different income groups. Its details are as follows:
Credit Link Subsidy Scheme for Economically Weaker (EWS) and Low Income Group (LIG):
Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, the government introduced the Credit Link Subsidy Scheme for the economically weak and low income groups living in the cities.
Key Points and Benefits:
- Under this scheme, to provide houses for people belonging to EWS and LIG category, they will be provided loans by various banks and other financial institutions at a rate of 6.5 percent for a period of 20 years. So that they do not have difficulty in building their own house.
- Under this scheme, this subsidy will be given to the beneficiary only at a loan amount of 6 lakhs. In addition, if the beneficiary takes another loan, he will have to pay it at the present interest rate.
- Under this scheme, the first beneficiary will have to deposit the entire EMI loan account in the bank or financial institution, after which the amount of monthly installment will be transferred back to the beneficiary’s account after deducting the amount of monthly installment by that department.
- Based on the rules of the Center, this residence will be in the joint name of the female head of the household or husband and wife in the house. Only in the absence of an adult woman in the house can this house be named after a male member of the household.
- Under this scheme, it is mandatory to have basic facilities of kitchen toilets and electric water in addition to rooms in built houses.
- The annual income of the beneficiaries under the EWS group should be up to 3 lakh only then they will be eligible for this scheme. And the annual income of the beneficiaries under LIG should be from 3 to 6 lakh only then they will be eligible.
- Under this scheme, the area of houses to be built in EWS group should be 30 square meters and similarly the area for houses to be constructed under LIG group should be 60 square meters. If the beneficiary wants, then he can get his house built even on a large area, but the use subsidy will be available only on loan amount of 6 lakh.
The complete description of the scheme and the interest and subsidy available in it is given through the table below, which will make it easy for you to understand:
|The annual income of the house hold should be||Between 0 and 3 lakhs||Between 3 and 6 lakhs|
|Loan amount that will be valid for subsidy||3,00,000||6,00,000|
|Installment after subsidy||1,605||3,211|
Credit Link Subsidy Scheme for Middle Income Group (MIG) people :
The middle income group (MIG) includes people whose annual family income is between 6 lakh and 18 lakh. These middle-income people have also been divided into two classes on the basis of their income, the first class which is called MIG-I consists of people with annual income ranging from 6 lakh to 12 lakh, while the second class called MIG -II is said to include people with annual income ranging from 12 lakh to 18 lakh. Recently, some changes have been made by the government in the carpet area of the houses for the people of this income group, it is described in full below.
Key Points and Benefits:
- According to the announcement made by the government departments recently, the size of carpet area for MIG-I has been increased from 120 square meters to 160 square meters under this scheme, while the size of carpet area for MIG-II has been increased to 150 square meters. Has been increased to 200 square meters.
- Under this scheme, beneficiaries under MIG-I can be given a loan amount of up to 9 lakhs at a 4 percent interest subsidy for a period of 20 years. At the same time, the amount of up to 12 lakhs will be available to people under MIG-II for 20 years at 3 percent interest subsidy.
- Thus, the total subsidy given to MIG-I under this scheme will be 2,35,068 whereas for MIG-II this amount of subsidy will be 2,30,156.
- Under this scheme, the first beneficiary will have to deposit the entire EMI of the loan through the bank account to the bank or financial institution, after that the amount of subsidy will be transferred back to the beneficiary’s account after deducting the amount of monthly installment by that department.
- Based on the rules of the Center, this residence will be in the joint name of the female head of the household or husband and wife in the house. Only in the absence of an adult woman in the house can this house be named after a male member of the household.
Brief description of facilities provided to MIG-I and MIG-II:
|Annual family income||Between 6,00,001 to 12,00,000||Between 12,00,001 to 18,00,000|
|Loan term||20 years||20 years|
|Amount of loan available||9,00,000||12,00,000|
|Carpet area||160 sq. m.||200 sq. m.|
According to a recent update, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has increased the limits of home loans under private sector loans (PSL) to promote affordable homes. Now, in cities with more than 10 lakh population, people will be able to get home loan up to 35 lakh, and in areas with less than 10 lakh population, people will be eligible to take loan up to 25 lakh. This amendment by the Reserve Bank of India will accelerate the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
3. Affordable Housing Through Partnership in Partnership:
The third part of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is to provide affordable houses through partnership. The main objective of this project is to provide financial subsidy to IWS houses which are being built in partnership with various states, cities. About 35 percent of the houses built in this affordable house project are being built for the EWS category. And in this, the beneficiary will get financial assistance of up to 1.5 lakhs.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – How to apply for Urban (How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban / Application Process):
If any person in India wants to take advantage of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, then he can apply in it through its official website or by visiting public convenience centers.
Application process by visiting Jan Suvidha Kendra:
- If you want to get your name registered in this scheme, then you must first go to your nearest Public Facilitation Center, and get your application registered.
- When you visit this Jan Suvidha Kendra, you will be required to carry a passport size photo and Aadhaar card with you. Apart from this, you will also have to pay a fee of Rs 25 for this application.
- When your application process is complete, you will be provided with a receipt from there. This receipt will contain your photo and your application number. You can find out the status of your application through this application number.
Procedure for application through the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana pmaymis.gov.in/#:
- If you want to apply online under this scheme, then you must first go to its official website. You can also reach there directly by clicking on this link pmaymis.gov.in.
- When you reach its official website, you will have to choose your option by going to the Citizen Assessment Option present here.
- When you complete this process, you will go to the next page, now you have to enter your Aadhaar number here and click on the check. And if you do not have an Aadhaar number, you will not be eligible to apply here.
- When you complete this process, the application form will be present in front of you on the next page. Now you have to fill all the information here correctly.
- After this, when you submit the form, the application number will come in front of you, which you can save and keep as it will be useful for you to know the status of your application in future.
How to check your name in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana / How to check your application status:
If you have applied in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, then you can also check the status of your application through its official website. The entire process of checking the status of your application is explained in the points below, so that you will be able to check your status:
- For this also, you will have to go to its official website pmaymis.gov.in/# and click on the Citizen Assessment Option. Now you have to select the check your assessment status option present here.
- Now in the page that opens, you have to select your option from the left name, father name and ID type and by the assessment ID.
- After choosing any option, in the next page you will have to fill the complete details and click on submit button. And thus you will be able to know your status.
PMAY Lock-in Period Details
The central government is going to impose a new condition on receiving home loan subsidy for houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. Now under this PM’s housing scheme, all the people who get new houses will not be able to sell their houses or properties for a period of 5 years. The central government is soon to introduce a 5-year “lock-in-period” provision for both rural or urban houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. In-principal approval has been given for this provision by the Ministry of Housing. The official announcement for this will be made by the Union Cabinet next month.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was the Prime Minister Housing Scheme launched
Answer – 2014
2. Prime Minister Housing Scheme launched by
Answer – Prime Minister Narendra Modi
3. What is the eligibility rule for PM Awas Yojana
Answer- Financially vulnerable people have been included under this scheme under which EWS, LIG, mig-1 and mig-2.
4. How to apply under PM Housing Scheme
Answer- The official website has been launched to apply for the scheme, through which one can easily apply for the scheme.
5. How the list of beneficiaries of Prime Minister Housing Scheme is prepared
Answer- The list of beneficiaries under this scheme is prepared by the department. Under the eligibility rules certain criteria have been fixed in which the list of these beneficiaries is determined according to the priority.
6. How to check the name in the beneficiary list under PM Awas Yojana
Answer – The official portal has been launched by the government for this, the name can be easily checked in the beneficiary list for which the Aadhaar number, registration number and mobile number are required.
7. How much subsidy is available under the housing scheme
Answer- Under this scheme subsidy of 2.5 lakhs is given.
8. What is the toll-free helpline number of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Answer- 1800-11-3388 HUDCO: 1800-11-6163